Who We Are
Adding Value to Maximize Productivity
WEDC is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that invites and rewards business, professional and personal pursuits In Wisconsin®. Our Mission, Vision and Core Values are centered around this purpose.
To advance and maximize opportunities in Wisconsin for businesses, communities and people to thrive in a globally competitive environment.
Leveraging talented professionals and strategic partnerships, WEDC aspires to be a leading and widely respected state economic development organization, helping Wisconsin elevate its quality of life and long-term economic prosperity for all residents.
- Integrity – Adhere to the highest ethical standards of honesty and character while achieving our mission
- Respect – Value and support each other and operate according to the “golden rule”
- Accountability – As a public-private steward of taxpayer dollars, we monitor our actions and outcomes, celebrate our successes and commit to continuous improvement
- Innovation – Embrace creative initiatives that leverage Wisconsin’s unique attributes
- Transparency – Track and share information to monitor organizational effectiveness
- Collaboration – Build strong internal and external relationships to accomplish our mission
- People – Attract and retain talented staff and foster an environment for continued professional growth and wellbeing
- Public Service – Share a common purpose of improving the lives of Wisconsin residents by creating economic opportunities through the businesses in which they work and the communities in which they live
- Customer Centeredness – Maintain the highest levels of responsiveness and service for the businesses and communities that are helping to grow Wisconsin’s economy—these are our customers